Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ho-ho-ho hold onto your paper USAirways boarding pass, folks

So last week I flew USAirways to Atlanta, and they sent me the option to have a QR code mobile boarding pass sent to my iPhone. They said it was was "beta," but I figured "sure, what the heck -- I'll give it a shot."

Well, what they neglected to tell me was that "beta" means "Las Vegas" only, for now.

USAirways has readers set up at other airports around the United States, like Atlanta, but they are not yet programmed to receive the QR code image.

I discovered this after standing in front of the digital scanner for about 10 minutes at the security checkpoint.

So while "beta" may be tempting, don't risk complicating your holiday travel this year. Go paper, unless you're in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to report I tried using a QR-code as a boarding pass last week and I loved the simplicity! I was at the Oakland and Phoenix airports.

    ReplyDelete