Friday, January 29, 2010

Business is going to the dogs

Okay, I'll admit it. Considering a photograph of a black schnauzer named Ernie dressed up as a bumblebee for Halloween is one of my favorite possessions, may be odd.

But after looking at these stats, it appears that millions of other American's are as much of a dog aficionado as me. And just for the record, Ernie's not even my dog.

Susan Kuchinskas reports that according to the American Pet Products Association's 2009/2010 survey, 45.6 million families have 77.5 million pups...but wait...here's the good part...spending $45.4 billion in 2009 alone.

So, when I heard about the new indoor dog park franchise recently, I didn't even blink an eye. It's a no-brainer. Business is going to the dogs.

1 comment:

  1. It's one of the few industries that is recession proof. People spend more money on their dogs than they do their kids. It's kind of crazy.

    ReplyDelete