Sunday, June 21, 2009

I had breakfast with Steve Jobs this morning...really

I'd rather my kids save their hard-earned money and not buy me gifts for special occasions like Father's Day, but this year is an exception. While we were enjoying our morning coffee, my wife placed the FedEx padded envelope on our kitchen table and prompted me to open it. Inside, wrapped in crinkled thin plastic wrap, was Steve Jobs -- an 18-inch plush soft sculpture likeness, complete with black wire eyeglasses, grey felt hair, silkscreened facial hair, signature black turtleneck, blue jeans and black lace-up casual shoes.

This is especially fitting with the introduction of the iPhone 3G s this weekend, and news that Steve is due back at Apple around the end of the month, after taking a medical leave. The Wall Street Journal reports that Steve underwent a liver transplant in Tennessee about two months ago.

Aside from my family and personal mentors, there's no one I respect and admire more than Steve Jobs for the tremendous vision and fortitude he continually displays in staying true to his continual quest of blazing new technologies with a passionate eye on intuitive usability and simple, clean design. I hope God is good to him and allows him to enjoy more time with us in this world, for it will sadly be a less interesting place without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment